Congratulations to www.sylviasaltwater.com Sylvia’s story blog has received a Sunshine Blogger’s Award!
Keesha Metcalf who blogs on www.wealthcreateonline.com nominated Sylvia’s blog and thank you for the honor! It means readers are out there enjoying Sylvia’s journal of quirky characters and Ah-Ha! moments.
Keesha is a financial enthusiast who loves to share her knowledge about making money online. Check it out!
The Sunshine Blogger’s Award is for a blog you like, that inspires, motivates, educates or entertains. It is a way of building relationships with other bloggers, getting to know them better and showing your appreciation.
Following are some questions Keesha asked about Sylvia’s blog.
1) What inspired you to start a blog?
www.sylviasaltwater.com is the “sequel” to the as yet unpublished ghost story / cozy mystery novel PINOCCHIO ISLAND. The story blog is to create interest in main characters Sylvia and Max Saltwater but mostly to entertain readers with a good (and hopefully amusing or insightful) short story each week. Some storylines take 3 or 4 postings to tell. Most are complete in themselves.
2) How long have you been blogging?
Sylvia’s first journal entry appeared on December 3, 2014 and has been posted each Wednesday since.
3) What is your favorite social media network?
Facebook because it allows Sylvia’s Journal more space for the announcement of each Wednesday’s post plus the original art accompanying each post.
4) Are you married? If yes, how long?
Sylvia and Max have been married 45 years.
5) Would you consider yourself an extrovert or introvert?
Sylvia is definitely an introvert.
6) What is your favorite color?
Leopard animal print.
7) How long does it take you to write a journal entry on average?
Sometimes inspiration comes quickly to Sylvia and other times, not. Usually it takes 4 to 6 hours, more or less, each week not including creating the art.
8) Which country would you love to visit that you haven’t visited yet?
Sylvia would love to visit Cornwall, Kent and the Lake District in England, the Isle of Wight and when she goes, she will take along her paints and brushes.
9) What is your idea of a perfect day.
Sylvia’s perfect day would be one where she could paint all day without interruption.
10) Are you a full time blogger? If not, what kind of job do you do?
Sylvia is not really a blogger but keeps a journal that she shares with her readers. She paints now that she is retired from Presentation Is Everything the catering company she owned with her husband Max.
11) What is your favorite day of the week?
www.sylviasaltwater.com can now nominate blogs for the Sunshine Bloggers Award. The nominees are:
AndiLit.com Andi Cumbo-Lloyd is a trained professional and creative writer with over ten years writing and editing experience. She can coach you to set your writing goals for your regular writing practice or finish specific projects. She also has an on-line writing community for camaraderie, accountability and support. Great posts!!! Her new book STEELE SECRETS dealing with slave genealogy has just been published.
writingfrommerida.com Joanna van der Gracht de Rosado writes from Merida, Yucatan, Mexico about Mexican customs and culture and intercultural living. She is also the author of several books.
http://writershelpingwriters.net Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi authors of THE EMOTION THESAURUS and other great books help us in our writing life. Great posts for writers or anyone interested in the psychology of why we do things the way we do.
dianaurban.com Diana is a marketer and author of young adult and middle grade fiction. Her recent post “43 Words You Should Cut from Your Writing Immediately” is worth a look. As William Strunk and E. B. White said, “Omit needless words.”
thelifeofdad.blogspot.com Brian Klems blog based on his book THE LIFE OF DAD is fun for all! Brian is also the online editor at www.writersdigest.com/online-editor This blog features interviews with well known and not-so-well known authors with great advice and varied topics to interest writers at all levels.
If the nominees choose to accept the Sunshine Bloggers Award, they must answer the questions below.
11 QUESTIONS EACH NOMINEE MUST ANSWER:
1) Why do you write?
2) How long have you been writing?
3) Why do you blog?
4) Did writing or blogging come first into your life?
5) How many times do you go back to edit what you’ve written?
6) Does writing ever frustrate you enough to want to quit?
7) Do you want everything that you write to be published?
8) How many books / magazine articles / etc. have you published?
9) Have writing groups been helpful to you?
10) Do you ever think you are not a good writer?
11) If you didn’t write, what would you do instead?
Many thanks to the readers and subscribers of www.sylviasaltwater.com for your encouragement and support! And thanks again to Keesha Metcalfe for the nomination!